Sam Rudge, 31,  and Jasmine-Ann Jeffery, 26, an infrastructure engineer and architectural assistant respectively, were previously renting in Bedfordshire but made the step on to the property ladder by purchasing their first home at Glenvale Park – with the help of Barratt Homes’ Deposit Unlock scheme.

Deposit Unlock is a new mortgage lending scheme devised in collaboration with lenders and the housebuilding industry. Under this scheme, first-time buyers and existing homeowners can purchase a new build home priced up to £750,000 with just a 5% deposit. The competitively priced mortgage for the remaining 95% is designed to make buying a new home much more affordable to those who may have otherwise struggled to fund a deposit for their dream home.

Sam says: “After renting together for eight years, we wanted to purchase our first home and kept an eye out for applicable schemes. We saw Barratt Homes’ Deposit Unlock scheme which allowed us to purchase with a 5% deposit. We chose to purchase with Barratt Homes because it has a good reputation and the rooms across its variety of houses were all a decent size. The sales team were also friendly, supportive and not at all pushy.”

The couple wanted to move to Wellingborough to be close to work, family and friends. They chose Glenvale Park as it is a growing community with many amenities planned for the next year including a local convenience store and coffee shop.

Sam continues: “We wanted a new build property because you don’t need extra money for renovation once you’ve purchased and it really suits our lifestyle. The location of Glenvale Park is great because there is a train station around the corner, as well as a number of shops and takeaways nearby. We also like that there’s lots of green, open space surrounding the development.”

Alison Raine, sales director at Barratt Homes Northampton, says: “We’re delighted to welcome Sam and Jasmine-Ann to our exciting Glenvale Park development and we are pleased to hear they have now settled into their new home. We’re proud to be providing schemes to help people get on the property ladder, and it’s great that Deposit Unlock made the couple’s move possible.”

With a range of two-, three- and four-bedroom homes currently available starting from £243,495, Glenvale Park has already gathered a lot of attention from potential homebuyers and offers the perfect blend between country living while also boasting great commuter links. 

Glenvale Park has the amenities to suit the lifestyles of young couples, growing families and commuters alike. The site will feature sports pitches, a large open play area as well as a community centre and primary school. 

For more information on Glenvale Park, please visit

Back to news